Monday 15 February 2010

Photographer Interview
Tony Hazel:- Awesome photographer with fantastic ideas and visions




Let's get the obvious question out of the way: what made you decide to pick up a camera and be a photographer?
I've always loved art and being creative. I tried painting but quite frankly I'm rubbish at it! Photography, especially digital allows me to explore my creative side.




Who/what is your inspiration?
Who? Nobody specific, although I am a fan of the work of Philip Warner (Lithium Picnic) and the late Bob Carlos Clarke. What inspires me? All sorts of things..... random things you see every day.... tv ads, pop videos ... all sorts of stuff.




What has been your most interesting shoot to date?
They are all interesting, some challenging, some just pure fun.




Where do you see yourself and your photography in 5 years time?
Hopefully working full time as a photographer.




Have you ever had people being stupidly negative towards you and your work? and how did you deal with it?
Yes I have...... just ignored them..... and strangely enough they seem to have disappeared from the world of photography, and I'm still here! :o)



So let's talk news, how are you coping with the economic climate? Have you had to cut back on equipment/shooting in general?
Hasn't really affected me.... already have a fully equipped studio and all the gear I need.


Let's say I'm a model, and I want to work with you really bad! What would you look for in me before considering me as a potential model?
a.Have you got a 'look' that I want to shoot. b.Attitude c. Communication.




We know that every photographer has good and bad shoots, but when are you most satisfied with a shoot?
When the client or model is happy with the results.



There is always room for improvement! Where/how would you like to improve with your photography?
Like you say 'there is always room for improvement'..... I'm hoping to more location work this year.... got loads of ideas, just got to find the right models.



Have you ever had a bad experience with a model?
Yes! Turned up late, didn't look like her portfolio shots, had 'attitude' and then kept insisting on me supplying more edited shots than we had agreed on.



What is your pet hate for models?
Being called 'Love', 'hun', 'babe'.



What is your pet hate for photographers?
a.Acting superior. b. The old Nikon vs Canon debate...... there are loads of great cameras out there, doesn't matter what name it's got on it! ...... anyway we all know Nikon is best! lol



Are you self taught? Or did you attend photography classes/courses?
Completely self taught..... been to one photography club.... really boring!


Sometimes you just have to learn lessons in life the hard way, what would you say has been your most valuable lesson along your photographic journey?
Do what you believe in..... listen to advice, but only take action on it if the person giving it is a better photographer, or more successful than you.



And finally, what would be your dream collaboration?
A difficult one...... to work alongside any one with 'vision'...... willing to experiment to achieve the 'ultimate' image.

No comments:

Post a Comment